- Manage regional network projects related to distributed antenna system (DAS) installations, new builds, small cells and existing system upgrades.
- Manage construction from initial site design through completed drawings including drawing review taking into account civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical feasibility; value engineering, zoning, Phase 1/2 environmental, certification, signoff, and change orders.
- Manage construction activities related to the development of multiple, simultaneous Network infrastructure projects including; RFQ or RFP process, Contract process, Sealed bid, Distributing bid packages, Coordinating bid walk, Awarding project, Monitoring progress, Providing regular status updates, Resolve issues.
- Works with outside vendors on project scope, obtain quotes, design and plans to meet all carrier standards, local code requirements and project schedules
- Work closely with all engineering groups in the Network team including RF Design, Traffic, Real Estate, Construction, Operations, and System Performance.
- Provide full financial management of all projects from initial proposal/bid.
- Manage outside vendors and contractors to effectively meet shipping and installation commitments.
- Ensure departmental compliance with company procurement and equipment installation policies.
- Provide team leadership and guidance by practicing Core Values including: creating and evaluating ways to gain financial efficiencies; creating process improvements; securing assets; and being accountable for vendor payments.
- Facilitate weekly routine planning and working sessions with critical stakeholders and regional Operations Managers to review project scope, define issues, and develop deliverables and associated timelines.
- Provide regular project status reports to management and the project team.
- Establish quality assurance methods, procedures, standards, and technical training related to site design and construction. Evaluate new products, services, and vendors.
- Review Close Out Packages to ensure projects are completed with high quality and according to the project scope. Weigh the pros and cons, including impact to the system, costs, compatibility, and ease of use, reliability, and timing parameters.
- Ability to coordinate, and provide on-site remedies during construction.
Construction Project Management: 3 years (Required)
Work in a normal office setting 50% of the time and on-site project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and construction environment 50% of the time.
Certifications Preferred In One Or More Of The Following:
GMA-Wireless – Teko
Anritsu / Kaelus
You must be located in the Washington DC Metro area and be able to travel 50% of the time.
About Wave Wireless
Wave Wireless is a leading wireless infrastructure provider that designs, builds and manages indoor wireless networks. Our networks include next-generation Wi-Fi, public safety, and cellular distributed antenna systems (DAS). With clients ranging from commercial real estate developers to government organizations, we consistently provide cutting-edge solutions to meet each client’s wireless needs.
Wave Wireless builds public safety networks that support emergency first responders throughout the country and has extensive experience working with municipalities to ensure these mandated networks are compliant with federal, state and local code. Additionally, we design and build indoor cellular networks used by major carriers (e.g., AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint) and work closely with carriers to coordinate and deploy essential mobile services. Wave Wireless also deploys next-generation Wi-Fi networks that support residential tenants, hotel guests and business enterprises. Understanding the nuances of each network type allows Wave Wireless to optimize network performance and deliver high-quality, specialized services to its clients.
Company Core Values & Beliefs:
Attention to detail
Job Type: Full-time