The RF Engineer will provide engineering expertise on a range of large scale in-building DAS projects. The individual will be responsible for the design and/or technical implementation of distributed antenna systems (DAS) and other managed networks. The RF Engineer will work closely with the Director of Engineering and internal teams to develop and deploy designs that meet or exceed technical requirements and client expectations.
- In-building DAS and Small Cell installation, commissioning and optimization
- Verify installation, termination, and test of ½” coax, fiber optic cable, Cat6a cable, couplers, splitters and antennas
- Perform and document Sweep, PIM, OTDR, signal level and noise measurements
- Validate installation of DAS head-end and remote equipment, E-node Bs and RRH
- Assist wireless carriers in optimization of DAS, utilizing test phones and RF scanners
- Perform DAS maintenance to include fault analysis, interference mitigation, and link balancing
- Lead and mentor less experienced technicians
- Lead the IBS design reviews with the design engineers and report to the functional lead
- 3-5 years of hybrid in-building and field experience in DAS
- Knowledge of RF theory, signal flow, noise, and power of Public Safety and Commercial carrier on iDAS
- Ability to read Visio, CAD and iBwave drawings
- iBwave Level 1 Certification highly preferred
- Proficient in use of RF and optical test equipment i.e. spectrum analyzer, base station analyzer, and OTDR, preferably Anritsu SM with certification
- Knowledge of wireless operator’s technologies, standards, frequencies and KPIs
- DAS commissioning certification in at least one of the following DAS OEMs: Corning Mobile Access, CommScope, Teko, or Solid
This is a full-time hourly position with 30% of travel involved to client markets throughout the northeast. Evening and weekend hours may be required in order to meet client needs and deadlines.
About Wave Wireless
Wave Wireless is a leading wireless infrastructure provider that designs, builds and manages indoor wireless networks. Our networks include next-generation Wi-Fi, public safety, and cellular distributed antenna systems (DAS). With clients ranging from commercial real estate developers to government organizations, we consistently provide cutting-edge solutions to meet each client’s wireless needs.
Wave Wireless builds public safety networks that support emergency first responders throughout the country and has extensive experience working with municipalities to ensure these mandated networks are compliant with federal, state and local code. Additionally, we design and build indoor cellular networks used by major carriers (e.g., AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint) and work closely with carriers to coordinate and deploy essential mobile services. Wave Wireless also deploys next-generation Wi-Fi networks that support residential tenants, hotel guests and business enterprises. Understanding the nuances of each network type allows Wave Wireless to optimize network performance and deliver high-quality, specialized services to its clients.
Company Core Values & Beliefs
Attention to detail