As a Cost Estimator, the individual will be responsible for all aspects of activities related to pricing, from inception to final proposal. You will report to the Director of Construction and will be responsible for managing all pre-construction, initial budgeting, bid work, and creation of all necessary detailed estimates required to move the project from concept to contract.
- Qualify subcontractors/vendors
- Consult with subcontractors/vendors to discuss and formulate estimates
- Order, verify and confirm project bill-of-materials (BOM) for projects currently under construction
- Present prepared RFQs to the Construction team by assembling and displaying numerical data in addition to descriptive information
- Ensure up to date, complete and accurate records, budgets, schedules and entries into project accounting and management systems
- Develop and maintain information on products, vendors, subcontractors, etc
- Cultivate subcontractor and vendor initial and ongoing relationships
- Solicit and maintain communication with subcontractors and vendors
- 3+ years in a professional work setting or equivalent experience required
- Ability to handle bid processes from the preparation of bid to project kick-off including handling of all subcontractors and vendors
- In-depth knowledge of accounting, finance, budget planning
- Strong reporting skills and comfort with standard accounting methods
- Ability to process large quantities of data quickly and accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
About Wave Wireless:
Wave Wireless is a leading wireless infrastructure provider that designs, builds and manages indoor wireless networks. Our networks include next-generation Wi-Fi, public safety, and cellular distributed antenna systems (DAS). With clients ranging from commercial real estate developers to government organizations, we consistently provide cutting-edge solutions to meet each client’s wireless needs.
Wave Wireless builds public safety networks that support emergency first responders throughout the country and has extensive experience working with municipalities to ensure these mandated networks are compliant with federal, state and local code. Additionally, we design and build indoor cellular networks used by major carriers (e.g., AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint) and work closely with carriers to coordinate and deploy essential mobile services. Wave Wireless also deploys next-generation Wi-Fi networks that support residential tenants, hotel guests and business enterprises. Understanding the nuances of each network type allows Wave Wireless to optimize network performance and deliver high-quality, specialized services to its clients.
Company Core Values & Beliefs:
Attention to detail
Job Type: Full-time, hourly or salary negotiable