- Expert at completing Sweep, PIM, and Fiber testing.
- Installing DAS wireless equipment; antennas, coaxial, CAT 5/6/7 cable, fiber optic,, etc
- Hands-on experience with the DAS OEMs (JMA, CommScope, SOLiD, etc)
- Fusion Splicing and Fiber OTDR Testing.
- Keeping stakeholders, including clients, informed of progress of installation
- Provide detailed project daily status and testing reports to management and the project team
- Mentoring and leading less experienced technicians.
- 3+ years in a hands-on-capacity implementing in-building Wireless Systems such as WiFi, DAS & Small Cell networks
- Read and understand design plans to ensure smooth deployment of systems.
- Fiber and coax installation, testing and troubleshooting experience
- Basic Electrical knowledge including open/closed circuits, grounding etc.
- Basic Radio knowledge including wireless frequency bands, power measurements and wireless protocols (CDMA, UMTS, LTE, GSM, WLAN, etc.)
- Have a valid driver’s license with access to transportation
Certifications Preferred In One Or More Of The Following
- Corning MobileAccess
- Andrew Commscope
- Tyco/TE Connectivity
- JMA Wireless – Teko
- Anritsu / Kaelus
This position will work on-site project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and construction environments and requires the lifting of material and/or equipment which may be heavy. Travel is required within the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. Work in the company office 10% of the time and on-site at project sites 90% of the time.
You must be located in the Washington DC Metro area and be able to travel 90% of the time. You must have previous DAS experience.
About Wave Wireless
Wave Wireless is a leading wireless infrastructure provider that designs, builds and manages indoor wireless networks. Our networks include next generation Wi-Fi, public safety and cellular distributed antenna systems (DAS). With clients ranging from commercial real estate developers to government organizations, we consistently provide cutting-edge solutions to meet each client’s wireless needs.
Wave Wireless builds public safety networks that support emergency first responders throughout the country and has extensive experience working with municipalities to ensure these mandated networks are compliant with federal, state and local code. Additionally, we design and build indoor cellular networks used by major carriers (e.g., AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint) and work closely with carriers to coordinate and deploy essential mobile services. Wave Wireless also deploys next generation Wi-Fi networks that support residential tenants, hotel guests and business enterprises. Understanding the nuances of each network type allows Wave Wireless to optimize network performance and deliver high-quality, specialized services to its clients.
Company Core Values & Beliefs
Attention to detail