Located In: Washington, D.C.
Travel: Yes – Up to 35%
Job Type: Full-Time
Compensation: Salary with bonus potential
Experience Level: Experienced (minimum 3-5 years’ experience)
Hours: Minimum 40 hours per week; work sites will vary. Travel is required.
Occupational Category: 17-3023.01 Electronics Engineering Technicians
Job Description / Skillsets Needed:
● Manage regional network projects related to Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) installations, new builds, small cells and existing system upgrades.
● Manage construction from initial site design through completed drawings including drawing review, taking into account, civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical feasibility, value engineering, zoning, phase 1/2 environmental, certification, signoff, and change orders.
● Manage construction activities related to the development of multiple, simultaneous Network infrastructure projects including; RFQ or RFP process, contract process, sealed bid, distributing bid packages, coordinating bid walk, awarding project, monitoring progress, providing regular status updates, resolve issues.
● Works with outside vendors on project scope, obtain quotes, design and plans to meet all carrier standards, local code requirements, and project schedules
● Work closely with all engineering groups in the network team including RF Design, traffic, real estate, construction, operations, and system performance.
● Provide full financial management of all projects from initial proposal/bid.
● Manage outside vendors and contractors to effectively meet shipping and installation commitments.
● Ensure departmental compliance with company procurement and equipment installation policies.
● Provide team leadership and guidance by practicing core values including: Creating and evaluating ways to gain financial efficiencies, creating process improvements, securing assets, and being accountable for vendor payments.
● Facilitate weekly routine planning and working sessions with critical stakeholders and regional operations managers to review project scope, define issues, and develop deliverables and associated timelines.
● Provide regular project status reports to management and the project team.
● Establish quality assurance methods, procedures, standards, and technical training related to site design and construction.
● Evaluate new products, services, and vendors.
● Review close out packages to ensure projects are completed with high quality and according to the project scope.
● Weigh the pros and cons, including impact to the system, costs, compatibility, ease of use, reliability, and timing parameters.
● Ability to coordinate, and provide on-site remedies during construction.
Work in a normal office setting 50% of the time and on-site at project sites with exposure to heavy equipment in a construction environment 50% of the time.
Certifications Preferred in One or More of the Following:
● Corning MobileAccess
● Andrew Commscope
● Tyco/TE Connectivity
● GMA-Wireless – Teko
● Anritsu / Kaelus